The Anglican Church of Canada (ACoC) has elected Linda Nicholls, the Bishop of the Diocese of Huron, as its next primate. She will become the first woman to hold this position in the ACoC and only the second female primate in the Anglican Communion.
Speaking shortly after the election, Bishop Linda said: “you have bestowed on me an honour that I can hardly imagine, and it is terrifying. But it is also a gift, to be able to walk with the whole of the Anglican Church of Canada from coast to coast to coast.”
Bishop Linda plays an active role in the leadership of the Anglican Communion. She is a member of ARCIC and is part of the Archbishop of Canterbury’s Primates’ Task Group on restoring relationships in the Anglican Communion.
Events (to go on the calendar)
- November 9 – Blood Donor clinic 9 am – 1 pm All Saints Hall
- November 10 – 12 Neighbours Series begins after 10 am service Lloyd Cracknell Room
- November 16 – Christmas Bazaar 9 am – 1 pm All Saints Hall
- November 16 – Hospitality Breakfast 9 – 10:30 am Lloyd Cracknell Room
- November 24 – Special Vestry and Pot Luck brunch after 9:30 am service
- November 28 – Gift and Craft Market – 6 – 9 pm All Saints Hall
- November 30 – Victorian Christmas Tea – 1 pm All Saints Hall